Objectives and guiding principles
- Enhancing achievement of disabled children in education
- Supporting Disabled People’s Organisations (DPOs) and the disability movement
- Reducing poverty among disabled people and their families
- Promoting appropriate and low cost assistive devices and physical rehabilitation
- Encouraging South-to-South and regional exchange of information and skills
DDP was founded in 1992 and is a UK registered charity and a company limited by guarantee. It is governed by a board of Trustees which meets at least 4 times a year and holds an AGM. The board provides overall strategic and financial oversight as well as raising awareness of and support for DDP's work. Current Trustee board members are Joshua Swirsky, Michelle Pisano, John de Ritter, Tom Crisp (Chair), Olivia Macdonald, Bambina Carnwath and Chrissie Davis.
- Kamala Achu - Executive Director and founder
- Maggie Owen – Finance and Fundraising Officer
- Kelly James – Projects Officer
- Debbie Risborough - Accountant
- Judy Hackney - Volunteer
Our donors and supporters since 1992 are many and we thank each and every one for their support and trust.We also thank the many organisations and individuals who have made substantial donations in kind and cash. For more information...